University of Birmingham Application
How to apply
Apply for your postgraduate course using course finder. By clicking on the specific programme you wish to apply for you will be directed to an application specifically designed for your programme where you will create your account with the University and submit your application and supporting documents online.
Your application is specifically designed for the programme you choose to apply for and it is sensitive to the answers you provide as you proceed through the application. See our application guidance notes for postgraduate taught fee paying programmes and all other postgraduate taught/research programmes.
Once you have submitted an online application you will be sent details of how to enter your applicant portal.
Your portal experience will allow you to send and receive communications to and from the University. You will be able to track the progress of your application at every stage of the admissions process; update your personal information, view decisions and accept any offers you may receive.
1. Choose your course using course finder
2. Consider whether you meet the entry requirements:
3. Check the specific course entry requirements, which can be found on individual course listings in our course finder .
4. Contact the department if you need any advice about a particular programme for example, if you need advice on which specific course to apply for.
5. Consider the supporting documents you might need to upload as part of your application.
If you are not able to apply online, please contact us via email or telephone: +44 (0)121 414 5488.
When you apply for a postgraduate programme via course finder , you will have the option to upload your supporting documents. The following information will usually be needed before a decision can be made on your application:
- Two academic references (or if appropriate to the programme applied for, one could be from your employer).
- Academic transcript(s) for all prior degrees – originals or certified photocopies: