university of bedfordshire social work masters
On this practice-based social work course, your studies will be supervised by experienced practitioners, and you can expect an induction, a protected workload and a study day most weeks while on placement.
All placements are under constant development with our employer partners, and you may be eligible for a Social Work bursary administered by the NHS Bursaries Unit.
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
Social Work – MSc – University Square Campus, Luton
- English GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Maths GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- Health screening
- 2.1 Honours degree
- All successful applicants must also have achieved at least Key Skills level 2 in English and Mathematics. This would normally be equivalent to grade C in the GCSE examination in English and Mathematics. International applicants must have achieved IELTS Level 7 in order to be considered.
- All applicants should be able to demonstrate aptitude and commitment to a career in social work by providing significant evidence of experience of working with people in need, in a voluntary or paid capacity.
- Applicants must confirm their ability to use basic IT facilities, including word processing, internet browsing and use of email.
- If you have relevant prior experience and /or certificated learning you may be able to claim RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) in accordance with the University’s published criteria and up to a maximum of 60 academic credits at M level.