University Of Bedfordshire Microsoft Office
Free Microsoft Office for Students’ personal computers
University of Bedfordshire Students can install Microsoft Office on up to 5 personally-owned Windows (Windows 7 or later) or Mac computers for free.
Install now for free via: portal.office.com
Sign in with your student email address and standard university password.
- Instructions for installing free Office on personal computers and Macs (print-friendly PDF for ease of reference) – PDF 497.4 KB
This is the full version of Office, which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, OneNote, Access.
How to install free Office on personal computers:
- Go to http://portal.office.com and enter your University email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click in the ‘Password’ box to start redirection to the University’s login page.
- On the University-branded page (as above), enter your normal University password and click on the ‘Sign in’ button.
- In the Office 365 portal, click the ‘Install now’ button and save the file to your preferred location.
- Run the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install. Note that if you have a slow Internet connection the install process can take a very long time because Office is being streamed to your computer.
- When installation is complete, wait until the above splash-screen appears, then follow the onscreen instructions.
- Make sure to sign in to confirm your installation, you may also be asked to sign in when you open your application for the first time.
Please Note: you can only install the free version of Office on Windows 7 or later PCs. You cannot install the free version of Office on XP or Vista. See Microsoft’s advice on system requirements for the new Office suite. Also note that Office will cease to work after a short ‘grace’ period if you leave the University.