University Of Bedfordshire Library
Learning Resources supports the academic life of the University by providing cutting edge resources and study environments.
You will automatically be registered to use our facilities when you join the University.
Services are based at six campuses:
- Luton, University Square houses the main library collection in L Block, the IT Suite is in F Block
- Bedford campus is a large library offering a full range of services including IT in the Learning Hub
- Putteridge Bury specialises in materials supporting courses in education
- Butterfield Green, Luton and Oxford House, Aylesbury support health care courses specialising in nursing and midwifery
- UCMK library has bookstock and a silent study area
Luton Library and Bedford Library have 24/7 opening hours ie they are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week. All students are welcome to use these Campuses
PCs are provided throughout Learning Resources, they offer access to a wide range of applications including
- Microsoft Office
- variety of specialist software
Learning Resources has an expanding collection of information resources, taking advantage of the full range of publishing media; books, DVD, slides and 1,200 print journal titles as well as digital resources including over 80 research databases, 9,000 ebooks, multi-media products, more than 80,000 ejournals, and past exam papers.
Learning Resources provides a range of study environments including silent study areas, social learning spaces, and group study facilities where space allows.
Materials have a specified loan period to ensure that high-demand items are kept in circulation. A full range of supporting services are provided, such as reservations, Document Supply, access to printing, scanning and photocopying facilities. The library catalogue provides in-depth information about individual titles including electronic information resources. A wide range of printed and online information is available to advise students how to get the best from Learning Resources’ services and facilities.