University Of Bedfordshire Kate Hudson
Senior Lecturer in Primary Education
Following a successful career as a Primary phase teacher I became an Advanced Skills Teacher supporting teachers across a large and diverse county. I joined ITE ten years ago and have developed my understanding of learning and teaching through practice, a Masters and Doctoral study.
I currently lead the NQT support in the School of Teacher Education. I have experience of phase leadership for inspection by Ofsted.
My current research reflects my interest in the importance of children’s voice in developing their own learning but also in improving the understanding of those who teach them, especially student teachers.
I am a former rugby and volleyball coach and enjoy fine dining and good wine!
- EdD – University of Bedfordshire
- Senior Fellow – Higher Education Academy
- MA Education – University of Bedfordshire
- Certificate in Performance Coaching – Newcastle College
- BA Ed (Joint Honours, Education and Technology) – University of Reading
- Primary Education
- Teacher Education
- Teacher Professional Development
- Design and Technology
- Initial Teacher Education (ITE)
- Children’s voice
- Reflective practice
- Student-centred learning
- Continuing professional development
- “Can student teachers’ pedagogy be enhanced by heeding children’s thoughts about their learning?”
- External Examiner for ITE provider
- Trustee Multi-Academy Trust
- “Kartouche – Primary Shakespeare” – Summer 2006, ICT User Friendly, Hampshire County Council, pages 6-9
- “A study to find out what it means to use ICT in teaching in learning in Initial Teacher Education” – March 2012, Online Education Research Journal
- “How can a student teacher’s practice be developed and enhanced by incorporating the views of children about their learning into her teaching in the classroom? – A pilot study” – June 2014, Online Education Research Journal
T: +44 (0)1234 793067