University Of Bedfordshire International
The University of Bedfordshire was established in August 2006 by order of the Privy Council, following the merger between the University of Luton and De Montfort University’s Bedford campus.
In 1908, the Luton Modern School was established. Luton Technical Institute was founded in 1937 and, after various changes of name, became Luton College of Technology in 1958.
In 1976, the college merged with Putteridge Bury College of Education to become Luton College of Higher Education.
In 1993, the college became the University of Luton after receiving university designation.
The Luton campus is located in the town centre and is home to a magnificent Postgraduate and CPD Centre, a modern student campus centre and other excellent facilities such as the Media Arts Centre and Learning Resources Centre.
The Bedford campus has academic roots that go back to the founding of Bedford Training College for Teachers in 1882 and Bedford Physical Training College in 1903. The campus is now home to around 2,900 students and has excellent facilities, a friendly atmosphere and a proven track record of exceptional teaching and graduate employment.
The campus is located 20 minutes on foot from the town centre in a self-contained leafy setting and has undergone a major redevelopment programme which includes two brand new, fully-equipped gymnasiums and state-of-the-art sports science labs.
There is a modern campus centre with 280 seat theatre, catering facilities and social spaces for students. Comfortable and extensive student accommodation is conveniently located on campus .
Putteridge Bury is a magnificent neo-Elizabethan country mansion set in thirty acres of landscaped gardens. The history of Putteridge Bury can be traced back to Edward the Confessor’s time and has links to the Domesday Book. It was built in the style of Chequers by architects Sir Ernest George and Alfred Yeats and completed in 1911, having undergone renovation and reconstruction over the centuries.