University Of Bedfordshire Hardship Fund
General Bursary Hardship Fund 2016/17
Current UK/EU students
The General Bursary Hardship fund is open to all current University of Bedfordshire full time UK and EU undergraduate students in any year of study and Foundation students on an integrated four year degree.
Students that were unsuccessful for the March 2017 General Bursary Hardship Fund are eligible to apply again; however those candidates that were successful are not eligible to apply.
How much is the bursary and who is it for?
The bursary amount is £350 and there are 27 bursaries available.
This bursary is designed to assist students who are experiencing financial hardship to enable them to remain at University. Evidence of academic progression and potential to achieve will also be taken into consideration.
How do I apply?
To apply, please complete the below form and a typed statement of your financial need explaining how this award would help you continue with your studies.
Please also complete the Financial Assessment section of the form.
- Three months up to date, consecutive bank statements for all accounts held with annotations for amounts over £100 (including partners as applicable).
- Student Finance England/NHS funding notification.
- Signed tenancy agreement detailing name, rent and address.
- Evidence of any income and benefits received (including partners as applicable).
- Evidence of variable living costs as applicable (Council Tax, childcare, travel etc).
All supporting evidence must be handed in at the same time as your application, or the application will be void.
When is the closing date?
- Closing date for applications is 12 noon of Friday, 21st April 2017.
- Applications will be considered by a panel following the above closing date; all decisions of the panel are final.
- No applications or evidence received after this date will be considered.
- Applicants will be informed by Mid May 2017.
Pease contact the Student Money Advice Team email@example.com for queries relating to this bursary.