University Of Bedfordshire Early Years Education
This course will give you in-depth knowledge of Early Years education (0-8), and children’s development in learning and thinking – taking a holistic approach to child needs.
You will explore Early Years curricula, Inclusion, early representations of literacy and numeracy, leadership and management in the Early Years and reflect upon the role of adults in a child’s education.
This will fully prepare you for a diverse range of professions in the Early Years, and for further, possibly postgraduate, study or teacher training.
You will explore your individual interests through personal study and work placements in all three years. You are encouraged to gain voluntary experience and reflect upon your experiences and professional development in your academic work.
Early Childhood Education – BA (Hons) – Bedford Campus
Unit Information – What Will I Learn?
- Introduction to Degree Study
- Early Child Development
- Early Years Curriculum Studies
- Sociology of Education and childhood
- Early Representation of Literacy and Numeracy
- Inclusive Education in the Early Years.
- Research Methods
- Creativity and the Curriculum*
- Understanding the Workplace*
- Family, Community and Culture*
- The Lifelong Curriculum*
- Early Years Education Dissertation
- Supporting Early Learning from Birth to Five.
- Leadership and Management in the Early Years
- Contexts for Learning in the Early Years
- Analysing the Workplace*
- Developing Teaching
Entry requirements UK
- We will consider you as an individual and take into account all elements of your application, not just your qualifications. We are looking for breadth and depth in your current studies and enthusiasm for the subject you wish to study.
UCAS has introduced a new tariff for courses starting from September 2017. This means the points you will be asked for are different to previous years but the grades you receive have not changed.
- At least 96 points with 80 points from at least 2 A level passes
- At least 96 points with Merit Merit Merit in BTEC Extended Diploma or Distinction
- Distinction in the BTEC Diploma
- A completed Access to Higher Education Diploma
- Equivalent qualifications such as Irish Leaving Certificate, OCR Nationals, International Baccalaureate and CACHE Level 3 awards.
For more clarification about your qualifications in the new tariff see the UCAS tariff calculator