University Of Bedfordshire Computer Science
Computer Science is a complex and wide-ranging subject, and includes the study of computation theory, the design of systems and artificial intelligence.
This course shares its first stage with our other related BSc degrees to give you a foundation in the subject while providing a platform for specialist study in the second and third stages.
You will concentrate on essential areas such as systems architecture and security, acquire practical programming, modelling and software development skills before focusing on a chosen specialist area for your final stage project.
Computer Science – BSc (Hons) – University Square Campus, Luton
Unit Information – What Will I Learn?
- Introduction to Software Development
- Principles of Programming
- Computer Systems Structure
- Fundamentals of Computer Studies
- Object Oriented Programming and Software Engineering
- Computer Security and Operating Systems
- Concepts and Technologies of Artificial Intelligence
- Systems Development and Modern Database Practices
- Research Methodologies and Emerging Technologies
- Comparative Integrated Syst
- We will consider you as an individual and take into account all elements of your application, not just your qualifications. We are looking for breadth and depth in your current studies and enthusiasm for the subject you wish to study.
UCAS has introduced a new tariff for courses starting from September 2017. This means the points you will be asked for are different to previous years but the grades you receive have not changed.
- At least 80 points with 64 points from 2 A level passes at C or above
- At least 80 points with 64 from Merit Merit in two BTEC Subsidiary Diplomas or one BTEC Diploma
- At least 80 points with Merit Merit Pass in the BTEC Extended Diploma
- A completed Access to Higher Education Diploma
- Equivalent qualifications such as Irish Leaving Certificate, OCR Nationals, International Baccalaureate and CACHE Level 3 awards.
For more clarification about your qualifications in the new tariff see the UCAS tariff calculator