University Of Bedfordshire Childhood And Youth Studies
The course will provide you with a strong foundation in knowledge of contemporary childhood and youth in the UK and internationally.
Drawing on current research and using a range of media, the course offers you the opportunity to explore ideas, theories and arguments relating to children and young people aged 0 to 25 through discussion and practical activities.
It also examines the different professional contexts in which people work with children and young people, such as education, social care/work and advice and support work, and provides a route into careers or further study in this area.
Childhood and Youth Studies – BA (Hons) – Bedford Campus
Unit Information – What Will I Learn?
- Introduction to Degree Study
- Human development
- Children, Young People and the State
- The Inclusive Society
- Research Methods
- Family, Community and Culture
- Youth Culture
- Policy and Practice in Special Educational Needs and Disability*
- Children and Young People in the Digital Age*
- Understanding the Workplace*
- The Lifelong Curriculum*
- Childhood and Youth Studies Dissertation
- Documentary Dissertation Childhood and Youth Studies
- Global Childhoods
- Youth, Risk and Society
- Critical Debates in SEND Education*
- Technology Enhanced Education*
- Analysing the Workplace*
- Developing Teaching*
- We will consider you as an individual and take into account all elements of your application, not just your qualifications. We are looking for breadth and depth in your current studies and enthusiasm for the subject you wish to study.
UCAS has introduced a new tariff for courses starting from September 2017. This means the points you will be asked for are different to previous years but the grades you receive have not changed.
- At least 96 points with 80 points from at least 2 A level passes
- At least 96 points with Merit Merit Merit in BTEC Extended Diploma or Distinction
- Distinction in the BTEC Diploma
- A completed Access to Higher Education Diploma
- Equivalent qualifications such as Irish Leaving Certificate, OCR Nationals, International Baccalaureate and CACHE Level 3 awards.
For more clarification about your qualifications in the new tariff see the UCAS tariff calculator