University Of Bedfordshire Child Nursing
About the course
Child nursing could range from nursing a sick newborn to dealing with accident-related injuries – caring not only for the child, but also their family, in hospital or community settings.
Learn about development and care of healthy children/young people, gaining specialist knowledge and skills needed to nurse those in need of acute or long-term care.
Successful completion of this course leads to the award of both an Honours degree and registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council as a registered nurse, allowing you to practise as a child nurse and in accordance with the NHS Constitution.
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
Nursing with Registered Nurse: Child – BSc (Hons) – University Square Campus, Luton
UCAS has introduced a new tariff for courses starting from September 2017. The grades you can achieve in your level 3 qualifications will not change – only the tariff point attached to that particular grade will change.
Five GCSEs at grade 4 (or grade C if taken before 2016) including English language or English literature and mathematics (or equivalent), plus one of the following:
- 112 points with at least 96 points from 3 A levels or BTEC level 3 QCF qualifications and other qualifications in the UCAS tariff. AS levels and General Studies A level do not count towards this score.
- Access to HE Diploma – a QAA recognised Access to HE course in health studies, health science, nursing or another science-based course: 15 credits at Level 2 and 45 at level 3 of which at least 12 credits should be graded at distinction level and at least 12 credits at merit.
- Diploma in Higher Education or BSc degree
- IELTS Grade 7.0 overall and 7.0 in each area where English is a second language.
- Equivalent qualifications such as Irish Leaving Certificate, Scottish Advanced Highers or International Baccalaureate
NVQ Level 3 is not accepted for any of our professional healthcare courses.
For more clarification about your qualifications in the new tariff view the UCAS tariff calculator