University of Bath Travel Insurance
All employees and postgraduates are covered by the University travel cover for any trip outside the UK or any trip within the UK which involves an overnight stay or a flight, made primarily on University business.
This includes incidental holidays, providing the holiday element is shorter than the business and no longer than seven days.
Accompanying partners and children can be included in some circumstances, such as when a conference programme includes guests on social events, or a sabbatical trip where the family moves for a temporary period.
Complete the travel insurance request form as soon as you book your trip.
Travel cover for undergraduates
Undergraduates can be covered under the University cover subject to registering and payment of a contribution via the online store.
Main benefits of travel cover
The University’s travel insurance covers:
- unlimited medical and other expenses
- cancellation, alteration, rearrangement replacement expenses up to £10,000 (cover commences when trip is registered)
- personal belongings (£2,000 max per item) up to the value of £10,000
- business equipment, up to value of £1,500
- money, up to the value of £2,000.
There are many other benefits available through the emergency helpline and website provided.
Main cover restrictions and exclusions
The University’s travel insurance does not cover the following:
- travelling against medical advice
- age limit – any trip commenced after reaching the age of 80
- trips that are not registered
- cancellation claims where circumstances exist prior to trip registration.
If you have an emergency during your trip, refer to the details provided in your cover for assistance.