University of Bath Aerospace Engineering
Aerospace Engineering has always been the most outstanding discipline of all the engineering fields. Far from being limited to the Aerospace field alone, aerospace engineers can be found in every field of technology where the most challenging demands must be met.
The Aerospace Engineering Department of the Fachhochschule Wiener Neustadt strives to prepare their students for challenging tasks in their future professions. For this purpose, an outstanding curriculum has been implemented.
|Most of the courses are given by lecturers from leading Aerospace Engineering companies using the newest methods and tools (such as ANSYS, CADFEM, CATIA software) and thereby ensure the most up-to-date education for our students.
In addition, the curriculum was developed so that the theory taught in the courses can be applied directly either in numerous student projects or in the outstanding research in various fields of Aerospace Engineering (see Research & Development).
|Academic degree:||MSc (Master of Science in Engineering)|
In 1885 the school was renamed the Merchant Venturers’ Technical College and in 1929 the Bath School of Pharmacy became part of the college.
By 1960 the college had become the Bristol College of Science and Technology and, following the Robbins Report of 1963, which recommended immediate expansion of universities, began to look at gaining university status.
With the college rapidly expanding and no suitable site available in Bristol, a chance conversation between the college principal and the Director of Education in Bath led to an agreement to provide the college with a new home in Claverton Down, Bath.
The first building on campus was completed in 1965 (becoming the building now known as 4 South), just a year before the Royal Charter was granted.