University of Arts London Visual Merchandising
This course covers visual merchandising, marketing and branding for the fashion industry, providing industry experience and allowing you to work while you study.
BA (Hons) Fashion Visual Merchandising and Branding is a highly specialised course designed for individuals who want to work in the fashion industry in the areas of visual merchandising and / or branding. The course facilitates your understanding of all aspects of fashion visual branding and retailing at all levels of the market, from value retailers to luxury design-led brands. You will acquire an understanding of consumers, which will underpin your study of the relationship between brands and their customers.
Entry to this course is highly competitive: applicants are expected to achieve, or already have, the course entry requirements detailed below.
The standard minimum entry requirements for this course are:
- Two A Level Passes at Grade C or Above 96 new UCAS tariff points (equivalent to 220 old UCAS tariff points) Preferred subjects include English, Maths, Art, Business Studies, Media Studies and Languages;
- or Merit at BTEC Extended Diploma;
- or Merit in Foundatin Diploma in Art and Design;
- or Merit at UAL Extended Diploma;
- or Access Diploma or ’96 tariff points from the Access to HE Diploma;
- or 96 new UCAS tariff points (equivalent to 220 old UCAS tariff points) from a combination of the above qualifications or an equivalent full Level 3 qualification;
- or equivalent EU or non-EU qualifications;
- and Six GCSE passes at grade A*-C with a grade C for Maths.
Exceptionally, applicants who do not meet these course entry requirements may still be considered if the course team judges the application demonstrates additional strengths and alternative evidence. This might, for example, be demonstrated by: related academic or work experience; the quality of the personal statement; a strong academic or other professional reference; or a combination of these factors.
Applicants are expected to show evidence of work experience or placement.
English language requirements
All classes are conducted in English. If English is not your first language you will be asked to provide evidence of your English language ability when you enrol.
The level required by the University for this course is IELTS 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill.
Please visit the UAL Language Requirements page. Read carefully and look at the relevant documents.