University of The Arts London Bespoke Tailoring
The BA (Hons) Bespoke Tailoring course is situated in the School of Design and Technology, and provides a highly specialist programme devoted to handcraft tailoring methods. The College and the course have extensive links with Savile Row, the home of bespoke tailoring, as well as with tailors in the more recent locations for bespoke in the West End and Soho. Students on this programme learn the skills of design, pattern drafting and tailoring, together with academic, research, industry awareness and presentation skills. This balance ensures that our graduates are fully equipped to take up a number of employment options within the industry.
Entry to this course is highly competitive: applicants are expected to achieve, or already have, the course entry requirements detailed below.
The standard minimum entry requirements for this course are:
- two A Level Passes at Grade C or above; preferred subjects include English, Maths, Art, Design, Textiles and Science;
- or Pass Foundation Diploma in Art and Design;
- or Merit, Pass, Pass at BTEC Extended Diploma (Preferred subjects) Art & Design;
- or Pass at UAL Extended Diploma Access Diploma;
- or 64 tariff points from the Access to HE Diploma;
- or 64 new UCAS tariff points (equivalent to 160 old UCAS tariff points) from a combination of the above qualifications or an equivalent full Level 3 qualification;
- or equivalent EU or non-EU qualifications;
- and three GCSE passes at grade A*-C.
Exceptionally, applicants who do not meet these course entry requirements may still be considered if the course team judges the application demonstrates additional strengths and alternative evidence. This might, for example, be demonstrated by: related academic or work experience; the quality of the personal statement; a strong academic or other professional reference; or a combination of these factors.
English language requirements
All classes are conducted in English. If English is not your first language you will be asked to provide evidence of your English language ability when you enrol.
The level required by the University for this course is IELTS 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill.
Please visit the UAL Language Requirements page. Read carefully and look at the relevant documents.