University of the Arts London 3D Design
Clearing places available
This course has places available for international applicants for 2017/18. For advice on making an application for this course, call us on +44 (0)20 7514 7514. Lines are open 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
BA 3D Design at Camberwell College of Arts offers students the chance to explore the emotional connection we have to objects.
Content: what students can expect
- To develop an interdisciplinary approach to design, drawing from areas as diverse as anthropology, architecture, craft production, fine art and interior design
- To focus on small batch production and the one-off elements within design
- A programme of visiting speakers made up of practicing designers and makers, who introduce students to a broad range of contemporary work
- A strong industry focus, including recent live projects with the Future Research Lab Milan, Future City, Guy’s and St. Thomas’ hospitals.
- A series of visits to cultural establishments in London, as well as overseas trips, that have previously included the Milan and Stockholm Furniture Fairs
- To develop and produce a professional portfolio that will further our students future careers
- To have access to Camberwell’s shared workshops. View the Camberwell facilities section
- Unit 1: Introduction to BA Illustration, Graphic Design and 3D Design
- Unit 2: Defining the subject – What is 3D Design
- Unit 3: Context 1 – Primary research
- Unit 4: Subject – Possibilities
- Unit 5: Context 2 – Platform
- Unit 6: Subject – Method
- Unit 7: Context 3 – Focus
- Unit 8: Subject – Audience and visibility
- Unit 9: Context 4
- Unit 10: Subject – Realisation
Work experience and opportunities
BA 3D Design students have the opportunity to undertake work placements during the course, with previous organisations and designers including The Natural History Museum, McCollin Bryan, Richard Fox, Studio Swine and Tatty Devine.
Students also have the opportunity to study abroad in the second year of their degree as part of the college’s Erasmus scheme.