University Of Aberdeen Psychology
Are you interested in what makes people tick? Do you want to understand why people do the things they do? What happens when it goes wrong? As the study of mental processes and behaviour Psychology is interested in all these questions and many more.
Psychology covers a wide range of theoretical and applied disciplines; in our degree you will study how we think, perceive, develop, and change. Importantly you will also learn how to “do” psychology and will receive rigorous training in the methods that are used to study human behaviour and the mind.
Why Study Psychology at Aberdeen?
- You will be introduced to state-of-the-art concepts and theories taught by award-winning teachers and world-class researchers, exposing you to the latest thinking in the field.
- You will benefit from the key strengths within the School of social psychology, neuroscience, language, perception and industrial psychology.
- We have a wide range of course options available in 4th Year to allow you to specialise in areas such as clinical, forensic, language and developmental psychology.
- The School of Psychology is ranked in the top twenty for research in the UK (2014 REF).
- You will have the opportunity to gain experience using specialised laboratories and equipment including those for brain imaging analysis, eye movement recording, movement analysis and visual neuroscience.
- To help you get a job we have an employability programme for our students which includes: internship opportunities, online resources, career talks and networking events.
- Psychology graduates are eligible for membership of the British Psychological Society, this is a first step towards becoming a professional Psychologist.
- In the final year students have the opportunity to do a unique research project to a professional level. A number of final year projects have gone on to be published in internationally renowned journals.