University Of Aberdeen PHD
Full-time: 36 months; Part-time: 60 months
You can hear about the experiences of two students who have completed their PhD: Rachel Shanks and Semiyu Aderibigbe.
Who is the Programme For?
To enrol for a PhD, students must have a first or upper second class Honours degree or a postgraduate Masters degree.
The School of Education offers PhD supervision in the following areas:
- Professional Learning and Teacher Education
- Communities and Partnerships (including Counselling & Psychotheraphy)
- Pedagogy and Innovation
Visit our staff pages to identify potential supervisors in each area.
PLEASE NOTE: Only serious applications submitted through the on-line system will be considered.
- A PhD is gained through the submission of a thesis and its viva voce examination
- The maximum length of a PhD thesis is 100,000 words
- The thesis must normally be written in English
- Students are supported through their studies by a team of at least two supervisors with relevant experience
Guidelines for what the Research Proposal should consist of can be found here.
- For student support information: Research Support Provision (pdf) or visit here
- For researcher development information click here
- If you are a student from overseas you may want to visit this website
For more information visit the prospectus or contact firstname.lastname@example.org