University Of Aberdeen Internships
The Aberdeen Internship is an award winning summer placement programme, exclusively for undergraduate students at the University of Aberdeen. Interns complete a 10 week project within one of the University’s administrative departments, and undertake a programme of professional development, which concentrates on developing the Aberdeen Graduate Attributes.
The Internship ends with a presentation event, where Interns present their work visually and orally to an invited audience of University staff. Successful completion of the Internship is recorded as an accredited activity on the Intern’s Enhanced Transcript.
The Aberdeen Internship will open for applications during April 2017 (date tbc). It is expected there will be around 12 projects, available to undergraduate students expecting to graduate in 2018 or 2019.
My internship within the university has provided me with opportunities to use aspects of my engineering degree on real life projects and problems that I wouldn’t normally experience until after I graduate. The level of trust and responsibility given to me by my department enabled me to participate in multiple additional projects during my internship and inspired me to specialise my degree towards Carbon Management.
Roederer Lyne, Energy & Carbon Management Assistant Intern, 2016
- The Aberdeen Internship is a paid, 10 week summer placement programme. During the Internship, students are provided with a programme of professional development courses.
- Undergraduate students at the University of Aberdeen in their 2nd or 3rdyear, are eligible to apply. Applicants who do not fulfil this criteria will not be considered.
- Please do not apply without reviewing the Careers Service guidance on preparing CVs and covering letters.
- Application checks for reviewing CVs are available on weekdays at the Careers Service: you can book a 15 minute appointment via our website. The Careers Service will be open throughout the Easter vacation period.
- Applications are accessed and submitted via the University’s Jobs Website.
- You can apply for a maximum of 3 Aberdeen Internships: a separate application should be submitted for each, and you should tailor each application to the specific skills and experiences required within the person specifications.
- The Aberdeen Internship will open for applications during April 2017 (date tbc). It is expected there will be around 12 projects, available to undergraduate students expecting to graduate in 2018 or 2019.