University Of Aberdeen Careers
- Search for the latest graduate jobs and work placements/internships. You will be able to receive regular email alerts of new opportunities tailored to your requirements.
- Sign-up for on-campus events, including employer presentations and skills workshops.
We are open throughout the Easter vacation with options for getting advice both on and off campus.
Advice and Guidance
Whatever stage you are at with your career planning, from fresher to final year and beyond, you are welcome to interact with our professional Careers team. There are various ways in which you can do this:
• 15 minute appointment with the Duty Adviser
• Appointments with a Careers Adviser for your degree subject
• Practice interview (1 hour)
• Submit a query online to our Virtual Adviser
These appointments are the ideal starting point if you have not spoken to a Careers Adviser before. They are particularly helpful for:
• getting feedback on your CV/ application forms
• obtaining advice on work experience
• discussing job-seeking strategies
Please note that we will give advice about the content of your applications, but we do not offer a proof reading service. Please check your work thoroughly before submitting for feedback. Please also bring a print copy of your application with you.
Duty Adviser appointments last a maximum of 15 minutes. This rule is strictly adhered to. If you arrive more than 5 minutes late you will be asked to make another appointment. If your query can not be answered in 15 minutes, please make a 30 minute appointment.
A Duty Adviser is available Monday to Friday in the Careers Service open plan area on the second floor of the Hub. You can book a slot for the current or next day.
15 minute appointments are booked online using CareerConnect.
These appointments can be used for a range of activities: