University Of Aberdeen Careers
- Search for the latest graduate jobs and work placements/internships. You will be able to receive regular email alerts of new opportunities tailored to your requirements.
- Sign-up for on-campus events, including employer presentations and skills workshops.
We are open throughout the Easter vacation with options for getting advice both on and off campus.
Advice and Guidance
Whatever stage you are at with your career planning, from fresher to final year and beyond, you are welcome to interact with our professional Careers team. There are various ways in which you can do this:
• 15 minute appointment with the Duty Adviser
• Appointments with a Careers Adviser for your degree subject
• Practice interview (1 hour)
• Submit a query online to our Virtual Adviser
These appointments are the ideal starting point if you have not spoken to a Careers Adviser before. They are particularly helpful for:
• getting feedback on your CV/ application forms
• obtaining advice on work experience
• discussing job-seeking strategies
Please note that we will give advice about the content of your applications, but we do not offer a proof reading service. Please check your work thoroughly before submitting for feedback. Please also bring a print copy of your application with you.
Duty Adviser appointments last a maximum of 15 minutes. This rule is strictly adhered to. If you arrive more than 5 minutes late you will be asked to make another appointment. If your query can not be answered in 15 minutes, please make a 30 minute appointment.
A Duty Adviser is available Monday to Friday in the Careers Service open plan area on the second floor of the Hub. You can book a slot for the current or next day.
15 minute appointments are booked online using CareerConnect.
These appointments can be used for a range of activities:
• discussing your career options
• exploring specific career ideas
• identifying courses of action to realise your goals
• discussing how to prepare for interviews or assessment centres
Please note that you will not be allowed to book one of these appointments for the current day.
If you are a University of Aberdeen undergraduate or taught postgraduate, please book online using CareerConnect.
If you are a University of Aberdeen research postgraduate please call us on (01224) 273601.
If you are a University of Aberdeen graduate, please book online using CareerConnect.
If you are a member of staff at the University of Aberdeen, please book online using CareerConnect.
If you are a thinking of applying to study at the University of Aberdeen or are a student or graduate of another university, please call us on (01224) 273601.
To book an appointment please call us on 01224 273601 or ask at our Reception Desk in the Careers Service. Please note that you will not be allowed to book one of these appointments for the current day.
This confidential email enquiry service is only available to students and graduates of the University of Aberdeen, who are not currently studying at another university. We aim to respond to your enquiry within 3 working days. Please keep in mind that Advisers have only 15 minutes to deal with each query.
Please submit only one query at a time. Take time to work through our feedback. This should help you in shaping your future applications and career ideas.
Once you have checked out our online information, you can use this service for additional advice and information on:
• career options and career plannining
• searching for vacancies
• further study and funding
• making applications, including feedback on CVs, covering letters, application forms and personal statements