University Of Aberdeen Application Deadline
Applying for postgraduate programmes at the University of Aberdeen is simple.
With the exception of our PGDE Primary and Secondary Education programmes which have a separate application process, all of our postgraduate programmes can be applied for and managed online through the University’s Applicant Portal.
Information on how to apply to all our postgraduate programmes is detailed below.
Applying for a Postgraduate Programme
All our postgraduate taught and research programmes, with the exception of PGDE and Education Programmes (including Studies in Mindfulness and Person-Centred Counselling), can be applied for online directly to the University.
- How to Complete the Application Form
- When to Apply
- How the Application is Processed
The postgraduate application should be completed online.
In order to submit the completed application, you must upload the following documents:
- Your final, official academic transcript/s (if you have not completed your studies yet, please upload a copy of your transcript of studies to date) with an official English translation (if the original language is not English).
- A personal statement. We suggest that you prepare the personal statement before you start the online application. The personal statement should be between 250 to 500 words in total and should answer the following three questions:
- Why have you chosen to apply to the University of Aberdeen to study this subject?
- Which personal qualities do you possess that will help you to successfully complete this programme of study?
- How will studying this programme help you when you return home and in your future career?
Other documents that may be required but which can be uploaded later include:
- Degree Certificate
- For international applicants, document/s to demonstrate your proficiency in English – refer to our English Language requirements page for further information
- Academic References
- For Research Programmes (PhD) two confidential references. You can uploaded these to your applicant portal or, your referee can send them by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ask your referee to include your full name, date of birth, and Applicant Personal ID
- For Taught Programmes (MBA, MSc, MLitt, MRes etc) graduates from a UK institution are not required to supply references
- Applicants to taught programmes with a first degree from institutions outside the UK are required to submit one reference only. You can upload the reference to your applicant portal or, your referee can send the reference by e-mail to email@example.com. Please ask your referee to include your full name, date of birth and Applicant Personal ID
- A Research Proposal should usually be uploaded with applications for PhD and Masters by Research programmes. Some programmes or disciplines require an extended Research Profile, and applicants should refer to individual school websites for details before submitting an application
Applying for PGDE and Education Programmes
The method of applying for programmes within the School of Education is different from the standard postgraduate application process.
- Details of the Application for PGDE and Education Programmes (including Studies in Mindfulness and Person-Centred Counselling)
Directorate of Student Life
Tel: +44 (0)1224 272090