Teesside University Quantity Surveying
HNC Building Studies
This course is for higher technicians in architecture or design, building management, building control, quantity surveying and building surveying.
It explores the construction of new properties and the adaptation and restoration of existing buildings. You are introduced to all aspects of construction including design, health and safety and management.
This is an award of Teesside University delivered at a partnership college of your choice.
Admission enquiries: Darlington College (01325 503050 or firstname.lastname@example.org), Hartlepool College of Further Education (01429 295000 or email@example.com) and Redcar & Cleveland College (01642 473132 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
WHY YOU STUDY
You study eight units chosen covering the range of needs of local and national industries and business.
- Construction Technology
- Group Project
- Health, Safety and Welfare
- Management Principles and Application
plus four specialist modules
- Construction, Science and Materials
- Design Principles and Application
- Mathematics for Construction
- Medium and High-rise Construction
- Project Management
- Refurbishment and Innovation
- Site Surveying and Setting Out
- Tendering and Estimating
You need an appropriate technician or craft qualification at Level 3 or similar, and a good standard of literacy and numeracy skills.
The most common eligible qualifications include A levels, BTEC Extended Diplomas/National Diplomas and Access to Higher Education Diplomas. We may also consider substantial work experience in a relevant area. If you have non-traditional qualifications, or wish to discuss your eligibility, please call our admissions enquiry telephone number or email.
For additional information please see the entry requirements in our admissions section
You can gain considerable knowledge from work, volunteering and life. Under recognition of prior learning (RPL) you may be awarded credit for this which can be credited towards the course you want to study.
- Not available full-time
- 2 years
- E: email@example.com
- T: Darlington College (01325 503050 or firstname.lastname@example.org), Hartlepool College of Further Education (01429 295000 or email@example.com) and Redcar & Cleveland College (01642 473132 or firstname.lastname@example.org)