Teesside University Part Time Courses
View the 37 available courses
- An Introduction to Interior Design, UCPD
- Building a Champion Athlete, Certificate:
- Creative Writing and Research, UCPD
- Exploring Psychology, Certificate:
- Forensic and Crime Scene Investigation, Certificate:
- Foundation Biology, Certificate:
- Foundation Chemistry, Certificate:
- Foundation Chemistry by Blended Learning, Certificate:
- Foundation Mathematics, Certificate:
- Foundation Mathematics by Blended Learning, Certificate:
- Foundation Physics, Certificate:
- Foundation Physics by Blended Learning, Certificate:
- Further Mathematics, Certificate:
- Into History, Certificate:
- Introduction to Counselling Skills, Certificate:
- Introduction to Creative Writing, Certificate:
- Introduction to Criminal Law, Certificate:
- Introduction to Criminology, Certificate:
- Introduction to Drawing , Certificate:
- Introduction to Employment Law, Certificate:
- Introduction to Family Law, Certificate:
- Introduction to Finance, Certificate:
- Introduction to Food & Nutrition, Certificate:
- Introduction to Graphic Design, UCPD
- Introduction to People Management, Certificate:
- Marketing Insights , Certificate:
- Poverty in Childhood and Youth, Certificate:
- Preparing for your Dissertation or Major Report, Certificate:
- Principles of Aircraft Flight and Performance, Certificate:
- Reading Development in Early Childhood, Certificate:
- Sociology: Understanding Everyday Life, Certificate:
- Sport, Exercise Science and Health, Certificate:
- Supporting Children’s Development, Certificate:
- Understanding Children with Social, Emotional, Behavioural, Communication and Mental Health Difficulties, Certificate:
- Understanding Children’s Development (Psychology), Certificate:
- Understanding Mathematics, Certificate:
- Writing and Essay Skills, Certificate:
Summer University could be for you if you would like to:
- return to study after taking a break from education
- gain the qualification you need for a promotion
- change career direction
- enjoy the personal satisfaction of learning
- meet the entry requirements for your course
- revise the fundamental subjects in preparation for your degree studies.
Our summer courses run during June, July and August.
How to apply?
You can apply for multiple certificate courses on one application form (up to a maximum of 30 credits).
Courses appear as University Certificate of Credit on the apply online tab.
All workshops are non-accredited and must be applied for on separate application forms.
We offer a range of UCPD courses. You must apply for each course on separate application forms.
What can I study?
A wide range of courses are available across many subject areas. Whatever your interests and ambitions, we have something for you. All courses are delivered at our Middlesbrough campus.
We have a range of accredited and non-accredited courses and workshops for you to choose from. If you complete an accredited course, you will receive a certificate of credit.
What support can I get?
If you choose to study an accredited course, you can access Student Services and receive support with financial matters, health and wellbeing, careers and counselling.
If you choose to study an accredited course you can access the full services of our libraries. Our Middlesbrough campus library has a range of learning resources available for your studies. PCs and study areas are zoned to suit a variety of study needs. The iZone can help with general enquires and the Learning Hub helps you develop your academic skills. Some services and learning resources are accessible off campus. We also have a library at the Darlington campus.
How much will my course cost?
Fees will be waived if:
- you are a current Teesside University student
- you have been given a conditional offer based on passing a Summer University module.
If you go on to enrol on a course of over 60 credits in September 2017 – 18 your Summer University fees will be reimbursed.
Studying does not have to stop when your course ends. We hope our Summer University courses inspire you to continue your studies.
Come to one of our open days to find out what you can do after your course has finished.
More about our open days
Changes to courses
Teesside University reserves the right to change the advertised programme without notice. Running or continuing any course or class depends on having enough students enrolled and attending.
Note: If you are 16 years of age or under, you are required to have a responsible adult to act in the capacity of a parent (in loco parentis) and attend classes with you. This designated adult may also be required to undergo a Criminal Record Bureau check.