Teesside University Library
Middlesbrough Campus Library offers a variety of study environments, in zones that are designated by floor.
The iZone, Borrow / Return / Renew, The Learning Hub and The Learning Cafe are all based on the Ground floor of the Library.
The Ground floor of the Library provides space for social learning including group working and networking.
Please remember that this is a learning space and the focus should still be on working. Drinks and food (not takeaways) are permitted on this floor.
The Postgraduate Space is situated on Floor 4 and has a designated quiet space and silent space for postgraduate students and researcher students only. Access is via TUSC.
See Library Accessibility for details on access and services for customers with disabilities.
When working on Floor 3 please ensure laptops, phones etc are switched to mute, and leave the floor before answering calls.
If someone is disturbing your study by chatting or making a noise, please inform a member of staff or email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the following details:
- ‘noise’ in the subject line
- the nature of the noise/disturbance
- the floor number
- your location (e.g. computer cluster student union side)
- brief details of the problem
This mailbox is monitored 09:00 – 17:00 Monday-Friday, outside of these hours please speak to a member of staff.
Where can I get help?
- iZone – get help on general Library, basic IT and account enquiries
- Learning Hub – specialist staff who can help with researching and writing assignments
- Succeed@Tees – a series of informal workshops created to help you with your studies at Teesside University
- Subject LibGuides – a one stop shop bringing together all the resources relevant to your subject area
Enquiries relating to anything lost in the Library should be directed to the Library iZone, email email@example.com or telephone 01642 342100. During self-service hours queries should be directed to Campus Security based on the ground floor of the Library.
Please check the website for our current opening hours.
PCs in the Library
The Library has PCs on all floors and is zoned to suit a variety of study needs
Touchdown PCs are located on the ground floor and available for 20 minutes to allow quick access to University services such as printing and email
535 networked student workstations are located throughout the Library building including 10 iMacs on Floors 2 and 3
Accessible PCs are available on all floors of the Library – see Library Accessibility for more details