Teesside University International
Why choose Teesside University
Number one in the UK for average satisfaction
International students rank us number one in the UK for average satisfaction *
- International students rank us number one in the UK for average satisfaction with the learning experience and number one for ‘good teachers’ *
- One of the top universities in the UK for the proportion of academic staff with a teaching qualification (number one in the North East) for qualified teaching staff (Higher Education Statistics Agency 2016).
- 85 years of teaching excellence and innovation in education.
- We’ve been awarded the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Excellence for our outstanding work in the field of enterprise and business engagement.
- The first modern university to be named Times Higher Education University of the Year.
- Our silver rating in the government’s new Teaching Excellence Framework reflects our strategic approach to teaching excellence, our commitment to our students and our emphasis on providing a high-quality learning and student experience.
- International students rank us number one in the UK for overall average satisfaction*
- We have a 90% satisfaction rate with our learning resources – above the national average of 87% (National Student Survey 2016).
- 88% of students would recommend Teesside University to others (National Student Survey 2016).
- 87% of our students are satisfied with their course – above the national average of 86% (National Student Survey 2016).
Excellent job prospects
- International Students rank us number one in the UK for careers advice and employability*
- International Students rank number one in the UK and number two globally for our careers service*
- Our graduates are working all over the world for companies such as the BBC, Aston Martin, Disney, Johnson Matthey, HSBC, United States Air Force Research Lab, Vodafone, Microsoft, the NHS, Rolls-Royce, Raleigh UK, 22 Cans, Framestore.
- We help you launch your career through work placements, volunteering, live projects, accredited courses and graduate internships.
- We offer international scholarships of up to £1,500 – eligibility criteria apply.
- We are ranked number one in the UK and 4th globally for financial support, and
- number one in the UK for accommodation costs*
- We have affordable accommodation with free internet access, all within walking distance of the campus.
- The cost of living is relatively low with student discounts widely available.
- Teesside University is based in Middlesbrough, in the heart of the north east of England. It’s a friendly multicultural town with many varieties of shops, supermarkets, cinemas, restaurants, clubs, sports and museums.
- Appreciate the local beauty – countryside and historic towns – with two national parks and areas of outstanding natural beauty. It’s an area that many international tourists choose to visit.
- International students rank us number one in the UK for social faclities*
- Arrive here easily – Durham Tees Valley Airport is 13 miles from the University and Newcastle Airport is less than 50 miles away. It is much easier to fly direct to these airports rather than via a London airport.
- You can reach London or Edinburgh by train in 2.5 hours, with cities such as York, Leeds, Newcastle and Durham 1.5 hours or less by road.
- Students from over 100 countries have graduated through our programmes.
- Over the last ten years we have delivered programmes across the globe, in countries including Botswana, Zambia, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Sri Lanka, Bahrain, Greece, Germany and the Czech Republic.
- We have research partnerships with universities across Europe and beyond, including leading institutions in Qatar, China and India.
*International Student Barometer Survey 2016, Autumn Wave – 182 institutions participated globally, 42 in the UK.
For information on admissions, general entry requirements and how to apply:
T: +44 (0) 1642 738900
Fax: +44 (0) 1642 384201
School of Computing, Media & the Arts
School of Health & Social Care
School of Science, Engineering & Design
School of Social Sciences, Humanities & Law
Teesside University Business School
For information about your fee status and application after you have applied:
International applications and offers
T: +44 (0) 1642 384244
Fax: +44 (0) 1642 384201
For information about living in the UK as a student, visas and our orientation programme:
International student advisers
T: +44 (0) 1642 342277
Fax: +44 (0) 1642 342289
For information about English language courses, or to get an application form:
Co-ordinator of English language support
T: +44 (0)1642 384480
how to pay, fees, scholarships and the bursaryFor information on how to pay, fees, scholarships and the bursary:
Finance and Commercial Development
T: +44 (0)1642 342156
For general information about studying at Teesside, the Summer School, English courses before you start and exchange programmes:
T: +44 (0)1642 384276
Fax: +44 (0)1642 738488
Tees Valley TS1 3BX