Teesside University HUB
The Learning Hub is a learning support centre provided by Student and Library Services in partnership with the University’s Schools.
- It is an inclusive service that is offered to all Teesside University students.
- It provides a space both physical and virtual where you can discuss strategies and resources to help you fulfil your potential.
- It provides a range of approaches for learning including drop-in, one-to-one tutorials and workshops.
What support is available at the Learning Hub drop-in?
We can offer general guidance on academic skills including the principles of academic writing.
Literature searching – we can discuss and suggest the best approach to a literature search. As this is a drop in service we can normally spend up to ten minutes on each enquiry.
Referencing – to improve referencing we can check a sample of your references to help you devise strategies for improvement.
Referrals – we aim to identify the most appropriate source of support either within the Library or from across the University.
For example within the Learning Hub:
- If you require help with English as a second language you will be referred to the English Language tutors.
- If you require support with further developing your academic writing or with maths, you will be referred to a Learning Advisor.
- In depth literature search enquiries will be referred for a one to one appointment with an academic librarian.