St Mary’s University Twickenham
St Mary’s University, Twickenham, is a research university located in Strawberry Hill, Twickenham, in South West London. Founded in 1850, it is generally acknowledged to be the oldest Roman Catholic university in the United Kingdom. Formerly called St Mary’s University College, it was granted full university title by the Privy Council on 23 January 2014.
Established in 1850 as a Catholic teacher training college, St Mary’s has a long-standing reputation for academic excellence and the granting of university title is an exciting milestone in its history.
On 23rd January 2014, St Mary’s University College, Twickenham, was awarded full university title by the Privy Council and became St Mary’s University, Twickenham.
The University’s current estate is in four parts. The main campus is on Waldegrave Road in Twickenham within the grounds of Strawberry Hill House, a hall of residence is located at 16 Strawberry Hill Road, the main sports fields are located on the Teddington Lock campus in Broom Road, Teddington, and the new Naylor Library (also on Waldegrave Road) which opened in the autumn of 2015.
St Mary’s University
99 Waldegrave Road
Teddington Lock campus