St Mary’s University Hong Kong

St Mary's University, Twickenham Logo

St Mary’s University Hong Kong

St Mary’s University warmly welcomes students from Hong Kong.

St Mary’s has a lively and diverse student community, with students from over 100 countries outside the UK representing approximately 10% of its 6,000 students.

Below you will find lots of useful information for applicants from Hong Kong, but if you still have more questions, please feel free to email

Entry requirements

Undergraduate academic requirements

Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) with 4, 4, 4 including 2 electives (Chinese accepted).

Hong Kong A-levels (HKALE) are considered the equivalent to the United Kingdom A-levels examinations.

Postgraduate academic requirements

A Bachelor Degree (Honours) from a recognised university in Hong Kong is considered equivalent to a Bachelor degree in the United Kingdom.

English Equivalent Hong Kong Degree: Grade Point Average (4.0) Hong Kong Degree: Letter Grade
2:1 2:1 3.0 or 3.25 (pre-2013)
2:2 2.0 or 2.5 (pre-2013) 2:2

English language requirements

If English is not your first language you will be required to evidence your English language ability required for academic study. Please see our English Language Requirements page for our standard entry requirements.

Apply online today

For more information on how to apply as an international student please visit our section on  International Application Information.

Undergraduate applicants   Postgraduate applicants


Students from Hong Kong can apply for one of St Mary’s International Student Scholarships – these are available to new, full-time undergraduate and postgraduate taught degree students in any subject area.

For undergraduate applicants, the scholarship is worth £3,000 off the cost of your first year tuition fee. For postgraduate applicants the scholarships is worth £3,000 off the total cost of your tuition fee.

In-country representatives

St Mary’s has appointed agents and representatives in Hong Kong who offers face-to-face counselling and can help you with your application.

Amber Education

Room 1208, Tai Yau Building, No 181 Johnston Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Tel: 852  2377 7888

Amber Education (Tsimshatsui Office)

Unit 818-819, Star House, No 3 Salisbury Road, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon,
Tel: 852 2377 9115

Amber Education (Wanchai Office)

Room 1001, Tai Yau Building, 181 Johnston Road, Wanchai
Tel: 852 2377 9111

Amber Education (Mongkok Office)

Room 1601, Office Tower One, Grand Plaza, 625 & 639 Nathan Road, Mongkok, Kowloon
Tel: 852 2377 3399

Universal Consultants

Room 17C, Great Smart Tower, No. 230 Wanchai Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Tel: 852 2398 3639

Meet us in Hong Kong

St Mary’s staff visit Hong Kong to attend fairs, visit schools and meet potential students. Please see our travel calendar for when we will next be visiting a city near you.

Meanwhile, if you have any queries, please do not hesitate to email

The local community

The Students’ Union

You are welcomed as a member of our thriving Students’ Union as soon as you arrive at St Mary’s and there are lots of opportunities to get involved.

There is a wide range of societies clubs and societies for you to join and a full list can be found within the Students’ Union section.

In the local area

There are many organisations in and around London that bring together the members of the local Hong Kong and wider Chinese community through social events, sports and cultural activities, including the Hong Kong Society, the BCS (British Chinese Society) and the Chinese/Korean/Japanese Society.

You can also find a wide range of Asian restaurants and supermarkets locally. TimeOut lists nearly 200 Chinese restaurants in London as well as many Chinese food shops around the capital.

Useful links

  • The British Council provides comprehensive advice on many aspects of studying in Britain
  • The Chinese Embassy in London has useful information for nationals from Hong Kong living in the UK
  • The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) is the UK’s national advisory body serving the interests of international students and those who work with them
  • UKBA information on student visas
  • The international student calculator will help you work out how to manage your money and build a budget for living and studying in the UK