St Mary’s University Financial Aid
Tuition Fees, Federal Aid and Funding
Federal Loans for US Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students
If you’re applying for the fall of 2017, we cannot process your loan application until June. Please bookmark this page and come back to it after 1st June 2017.
- We will not be able to input and confirm your loans until the US Education Department software is ready in about June 2017
- For first year students: your loan confirmation letter needs to be no earlier than June/July 2017 in order to get your visa
- To get an idea of your loan entitlement and rough costs, please look at the current Cost of Attendance. Actual costs and exchange rate will change, but it gives a reasonable idea of costs and loans.
- Consumer Disclosure (PDF)
- Loan Application Flowchart (PDF)
- Satisfactory Academic Progress form (Word)
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Regulations for Students in Receipt of Federal Aid (PDF)
- 2017 Cost of Attendance Spreadsheets:
Once your FAFSA application has been processed you will be emailed a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR). Please review this information carefully and ensure that it includes an Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) and the details of any previous loans.
Things to look out for in your Student Aid Report:
- Any missing information or comments stating further information is required; you’ll need to make corrections and re-submit your application.
- If there is a “C” next to your EFC data, further information will be required; check the comment codes and make any necessary corrections.
- In some cases we may need to ask you to provide documentary evidence, for example we may ask you for proof of US citizenship.