SOAS Short Courses
Open Enrolment Short Courses
Whether you are interested in learning a new language; looking to enhance your skills set with a vocational qualification; or wish to take an academic course in preparation for a longer period of study, SOAS is sure to have something to interest you.
- Academic Summer School
- Associate Students
- Customised Training
- Development, Environment and Policy – Individual Professional Awards
- English and Academic Foundation Courses
- Finance and Management – Individual Professional Awards
- International Studies and Diplomacy MOOCS
- Language Courses
- Specialist Art Short Courses
- Study Abroad at SOAS
- World Music Summer School
Short Language Courses: Autumn 2017
The enrolment for Autumn courses commencing Week Beginning 2nd October 2017 is now open
Please see the timetables of our Autumn courses below.
- Arabic Timetable (pdf; 454kb)
- Japanese Timetable (pdf; 354kb)
- Chinese Timetable (pdf; 357kb)
- Korean Timetable (pdf; 223kb)
- African Timetable (pdf; 19kb)
- Languages of European Origin Timetable (pdf; 16kb)
- Near and Middle East (excl Arabic) Timetable (pdf; 19kb)
- South Asia Timetable (pdf; 31kb)
- South East Asia Timetable (pdf; 15kb)
All our short courses are bound by our Terms and Conditions.
How to Apply
Please read the course description and the course information carefully before applying for the course. All the necessary information is contained on the individual course pages within the course headings.
If you are a complete beginner, you can book your Beginners 1 course online via the Online Store in the Language Centre section. Sometimes the Online Store may say ‘Out of Stock’. This is to give us time to stock-take and create a new class for courses that are popular. If you see ‘Out of Stock’ for your chosen course, please contact the language administrator by phone or e-mail and they may still be able to enrol you on the course.
If you are not a complete beginner, you will need to contact us prior to being registered. For more details see How to Apply for Short Language Courses.
Please note that if you are applying for a Post-Beginner level course and you have not studied the target language with us before, or there has been some time since you last studied, you will be asked to go through the language assessment and course placement procedure. Please see here for more details on the assessment and placement process.
Please see here for our fees. Fees include reference access to SOAS Library.
Phone: +44(0)20 7898 4445/4451