SOAS Foundation Year
SOAS Foundation Year, Most high school qualifications from outside the EU1 are not accepted by UK universities. This is because many international students only study up to year 11 and the curriculum is often very different to that taught in UK schools.
However, international students can qualify for entry by studying a University Foundation Course first. Courses start in September or January and take less than one year to complete. On successful completion, most university foundation courses guarantee progression to selected degrees starting the following September.
Why Choose This Course?
- The fastest route to a British university for most international students.
- Guaranteed progression on successful completion for most foundation courses.
- The best option for students who want to study subjects like Art, Business, Computing, Engineering, Law, Humanities and Social Sciences. For Medicine, Dentistry or Veterinary Medicine see A Level Courses instead.
- Ideal for students with an English level below IELTS 6.5.
- A low cost route compared to the alternatives.
|Academic||Completion of secondary school in your own country (Year 11+) with good grades, equivalent to 4 – 5 IGCSE subjects (A*-C), but excluding your native language.
Requirements For Your Country
|English||IELTS 4.5 (4.0+ in all skills).|
|Age||Minium 17 years old at start of course.|
- Accounting and Finance
- Art and Design
- Life Sciences
- Media and Communications
- Social Sciences