Queen’s University Belfast MBA
Why Study Here?
- An internationally recognised MBA degree from a top UK Russell Group University.
- Applications are welcome from students with or without work experience.
- The Queen’s programme attracts students from North America, Europe, Africa and Asia with diverse disciplines, bringing a depth of perspectives and experience to the programme.
- Tier 1 sponsored Graduate Entrepreneurship visas for Queen’s International MBA students to remain in the UK to work on a business idea and plan, following the successful completion of the course.
- Small class numbers allows more individual attention and an engagement plan.
- The programme is delivered in the beautiful setting of Riddel Hall with excellent facilities. An environment of collegiality is fostered with lunch and tea/coffee breaks provided which facilitates networking of the cohort and the academics delivering the programme.
- Students have free membership of MBA Association of Ireland with access to a range of networking opportunity events, recent example, Digital DNA event with international guest speakers from global companies.
Global HRM, Global Economic Environment, International Financial Accounting and Reporting, Strategic Management, Corporate Finance, Perspectives on Entrepreneurship Risk and Innovation, International Marketing Leadership, Organisational Behaviour Leadership, Dissertation: Consultancy Project Option or Academic Review.
- The Queens International MBA gives students the skills for leadership in the demanding global business environment by equipping them with contemporary management tools and strategies to understand, anticipate and adapt strategically to global markets.
- Students learn about the latest management theories and best practice from leading international academics, and apply these through a hands-on 4-month consultancy project with a client organisation, or an academic review. Working in teams, students use ideas learned in lectures to solve practical business problems.
- Students benefit from personalised skills development, including a 2-day residential with William J Clinton Leadership Institute coaches providing a leadership programme that includes Myers Briggs Analysis. Students can also build networking contacts through events at the university and the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute, as well as the connections built with fellow students. They also learn from leaders in industry via industry masterclasses, gaining insights from their business experiences.
- Following the MBA, international students may be granted a Sponsored Graduate Entrepreneurship visa (Tier 1), enabling students to stay in the UK, based on successful completion of the course and acceptance of business idea and plan.
- 1 year full-time.
Number of Places
- UK/EU/international student fees £19,500 (2016–17).
Availability of scholarships and bursaries
- Queen’s Management School offers a number of international MBA scholarships for home/EU and international postgraduate students.
The following are the typical annual course fees for MBA students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018):
Normally a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University in any discipline.
We welcome applications from a diverse range of applicants so will also consider previous work experience alongside lower academic qualifications. Prior experiential learning in business, management or marketing in lieu of academic qualifications will be considered on an individual basis under the University’s RPL Policy (click here for further information). A formal interview, the submission of written work, exam or GMAT test may form a part of this procedure.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
International students wishing to apply to Queen’s University Belfast (and for whom English is not their first language), must be able to demonstrate their proficiency in English in order to benefit fully from their course of study or research. Non-EEA nationals must also satisfy UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) immigration requirements for English language for visa purposes. Evidence of an IELTS* score of 6.5, with not less than 5.5 in any component, or an equivalent qualification acceptable to the University is required. *Taken within the last 2 years.
For more information on English Language requirements for EEA and non-EEA nationals see: qub.ac.uk/EnglishLanguageReqs
If you need to improve your English language skills before you enter this programme, our partner INTO Queen’s University Belfastoffers a range of English language courses. These intensive and flexible courses are designed to improve your English ability to entry to this programme.
Please click the links below for more information:
- English for University Study – an intensive English language and study skills course for successful university study at degree level
- Pre-sessional English – a short intensive academic English course for students starting a degree programme at Queen’s University Belfast and who need to improve their English
|Address||Queen’s Management School
185 Stranmillis Road
How To Apply
Applicants for Postgraduate programmes are strongly advised to carefully read the important information and follow the steps set out here before submitting their application via the Postgraduate Direct Applications Portal.
If you have queries on course content please contact the school representative below.
Dr Kate Kenny
Queen’s Management School
Tel: +44 (0)28 9097 4071/4038
How To Apply
Queen’s University Belfast Terms and Conditions 2017 Entry
The terms and conditions that apply when you accept an offer of a place at the University on a taught programme of study.