Queen Mary University of London Graduation
Queen Mary University of London Graduation
You will be asked to indicate whether or not you wish to attend your graduation before your final exams so don’t delay in responding as you may find that there are no places left if you wait until your results are published.
The main graduation ceremonies take place in July for undergraduates and in December for postgraduates and are normally held in the Great Hall at Mile End campus. If you are unable to attend the main ceremony for your award you can register for the next available series of ceremonies.
Please click here for more information about obtaining your certificate and transcripts at your graduation ceremony.
Please note: It is important that your addresses are up to date in MySIS before you leave Queen Mary. Failure to update your relevant addresses will result in important documents being sent to the wrong address that may not reach you.
For further information on graduation please go to the graduation website
Bookings are not yet open for the December 2017 ceremonies.
- Your ticket to graduate is free-of-charge.
- Guest tickets for all ceremonies are priced at £25 per person.
- You will be able to book two guest tickets initially and indicate whether you would be interested in purchasing extra tickets, should they become available (see Extra Guest Tickets section below for more information).
- Tickets for all ceremonies are subject to availability. Queen Mary University of London reserves the right to withdraw tickets from sale before the booking deadline, if necessary. You are strongly advised to book as early as possible.
- Tickets will not be sent to you in advance – you will collect your tickets on the day of the ceremony when you arrive at at Mile End Campus. The location of the ticket collection desk will be confirmed at a later date.
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By making a booking for any ceremony, you and all ticket-holders agree to the Terms & Conditions displayed on the following page.
What your ticket includes:
- Entry to the Graduation Ceremony in the Great Hall at Mile End.
- A souvenir ceremony programme for each ticket-holder.
- Entry to the reception held after the ceremony in the Octagon where drinks and food is served.
Children under 5:
Please note that ceremonies are not suitable for children under the age of five and they will not be allowed the Great Hall. Adults accompanying young children can watch the ceremony in the Live Relay Theatre on a big screen. If you wish to watch the ceremony on the screen, the adult will require a ticket in order to then attend the post-ceremony drinks reception in the Octagon. These tickets are offered at the reduced price of £15 and allows entry for ONE adult plus up to two children under 5 years of age. These tickets are available for purchase when you book your tickets online and also on the day at the Information Point.
Extra Guest Tickets:
When you book your tickets, you will be able to indicate whether or not you would be interested in purchasing more than two guest tickets, should they be available.
When booking closes the Events & Ceremonies Team will establish if there are any spare seats available in your ceremony. If extra tickets are available, they will be offered to those who indicated a requirement for extra tickets. If extra tickets are available you will be emailed with advance notice of when the extra tickets will be put on sale. They will be sold on a first come, first served basis when the booking system re-opens, so everyone will have the same chance to buy extra tickets when they are made available.
Extra tickets are not guaranteed and you should not make travel arrangements for guests who do not have confirmed ceremony tickets. Queen Mary University of London will not reimburse any money you spend on travel, accommodation or other costs associated with guests who are subsequently not able to attend due to lack of extra tickets.
If you believe you are eligible to attend the summer ceremonies and have not received an email with instructions on how to confirm your place please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Please ensure you include the following information:
– Full name
– Student number
– School you are graduating from
– Degree you are graduating with
Queen Mary University of London
Mile End Road
London E1 4NS
Tel: +44 (0)20 7882 5555