Oxford Brookes University Withdrawal

Oxford Brookes University LogoOxford Brookes University Withdrawal

D4 Withdrawal

Download a PDF version »

A student who withdraws from their course permanently must immediately inform their Faculty (for postgraduates and other non-UMP students) or Student Central (for UMP students) of the fact and the reasons in writing.  A student wishing to withdraw temporarily must not do so without the written agreement of the course authorities.

For further information about these regulations, please contact the Academic Registrar.

Leaving the University

If you are unhappy at the University or with your course and are considering withdrawing, we would advise you to speak to your Academic Adviser and/or Student Support Co-ordinator. Brookes Union Advice Service are also on hand for advice.

If you are in receipt of funding from Student Finance England, you should also contact them to ascertain what the implications of leaving the course might be.

If you are leaving the University because of financial reasons, we may be able to help.  Please contact the Financial Aid team.

If you still wish to withdraw after seeking advice, then you should ensure you have settled any outstanding finances with the University (e.g. Accommodation / Tuition fees, etc). If you formally withdraw within four weeks of the start of semester, the University will normally refund tuition fees. Please see the refund section on the Student Finance Office web pages