Oxford Brookes University Urban Design
Urban Design, Planning and Development
BA (Hons) – single
The BA in Urban Design, Planning and Development (Hons) provides you with the theory and practical skills required to critically engage with the challenges of designing urban places, planning and steering processes of sustainable change and development within cities, towns and the countryside, both nationally and internationally. It gives you wide career prospects offering highly rewarding employment opportunities. The unique teaching and learning approach, based on a structure of Urban Labs, interconnected modules and study trips in the UK and abroad offers you a learning environment that helps you to make the connections between theory and practice closely matching the needs of professional practice, so that you are well-prepared to enter the job market and impact the sector with innovative, critical thinking.
Why this course?
- This course is based on an innovative structure of stimulating Urban Labs that offer a learning environment and experience that simulates professional practice.
- Our modules make use of visiting speakers and live projects to provide you with the opportunities to apply theory to practice.
- You will experience strong integration between the disciplines of urban design, planning and development providing a clear framework for you to understand how to impact the future of cities and create great places.
- The course integrates research and consultancy from the School of the Built Environment which are nationally and internationally recognised for their high quality and impact.
- We have a strong tradition of incorporating innovative teaching and learning practices: “It was very encouraging to see how Brookes’ approach to teaching involves the students in applying theory to real problems, and to see the students involved in projects with such an international reach (President of The Royal Town Planning Institute, RTPI Newsletter, Summer 2013)”.