Oxford Brookes University Publishing
BA (Hons) – single BA (Hons) – combined
Publishing is a dynamic, constantly changing and exciting field that cuts across all media and encompasses a vast range of activities in many different industry sectors – magazines, journals, books, and digital. Come and study at one of the leading centres for publishing education in the world, where the undergraduate programme covers all aspects of this high-profile creative industry.
The market-leading publishing degree is based at The Oxford International Centre for Publishing Studies, one of the largest and most innovative centres for publishing education in the world. Oxford Brookes has the longest record of degree-level publishing education in the UK.
Please note that the following course combinations will not be available for September 2018:
- Publishing Media/Business Management
- Publishing Media/Communication Media and Culture
- Publishing Media/Drama
- Publishing Media/English Language and Communication
- Publishing Media/Film Studies
- Publishing Media/Fine Art
- Publishing Media/History
- Publishing Media/History of Art
- Publishing Media/Japanese Studies
- Publishing Media/Music
Why choose this course?
You will benefit from:
- teaching from highly qualified staff in a lively and exciting department that provides an excellent standard of teaching
- excellent employment prospects through unrivalled access to work experience and the department’s own vacancy list of jobs in publishing
- excellent facilities, including a purpose-built publishing IT suite and a range of resources in the library
- the opportunity to meet industry professionals and publishing celebrities, and a network of alumni in all sectors of publishing
- specialist careers advice, including our Working in Publishing day, when you can meet a variety of industry professionals
- the excitement of the world of publishing as you explore the intriguing and creative tension between commerce and culture.
“Brookes has given us some fabulous employees. From an employer’s point of view, a Brookes Publishing graduate is as good as someone with at least a year’s work experience.” Rebecca Smart, Managing Director, Osprey Publishing
“I went to college in the United States for a semester before coming here but I wasn’t satisfied with my publishing course. So I got online and searched for the best undergraduate English-language Publishing programme in the world. I found Oxford Brookes.” Taylor Leonard, BA Publishing