Oxford Brookes University Occupational Therapy
BSc (Hons) – single
Approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and accredited by the College of Occupational Therapists (on behalf of the World Federation of Occupational Therapists – WFOT)
Why choose this course?
- Benefit from a course with a long history of educating occupational therapists to develop and deliver excellent occupational therapy practice in the UK and internationally.
- Learn from experienced occupational therapy lecturers who have excellent links with practice areas locally and across the region.
- Be part of a programme where students rate the teaching on the degree, learning resources and academic support available very highly.
- Two onsite occupational therapy clinics to observe patients being treated by qualified occupational therapists.
- At six months post-qualification 90% of students are employed in a professional role with an average salary of approximately £21,500 per annum.
- This course offers an enquiry based approach to learning. It involves the integration of occupational therapy theory, practice, and components of the biological, behavioural, social and medical sciences. You will learn to critically assess the living skills and occupations of clients in order to enhance their performance within their unique environments. You will develop the technical, practical, managerial and communication skills necessary to enter practice as a qualified occupational therapist.