Oxford Brookes University Number of Students
Our total student population as in the year 2010 was Eighteen thousand, six hundred and ninety-five (18,695).
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University is a public university in Oxford, England. It can trace its origins to 1865 when the former Oxford School of Art was established. The university was renamed in 1992 to honour its former principal, John Henry Brookes. The university’s School of Architecture is one of the largest in Britain.
Oxford Brookes University has been named as one of the top 50 young universities in the world by the QS World University Rankings 2018 – and is the only UK university to make the list.
The QS Top 50 Under 50 celebrates the world’s leading universities under 50 years old and includes institutions from 25 different countries.
Oxford Brookes University is the sixth largest employer in Oxfordshire.
In September 2011 Oxford Brookes moved from eight schools to four faculties which sit across its four campuses.
Oxford Brookes Business School
- Business School
- Oxford School of Hospitality Management
Faculty of Health and Life Sciences
- Department of Biological and Medical Sciences
- Department of Midwifery, Community and Public Health (sitting within the new Oxford School of Nursing and Midwifery officially launched in June 2017)
- Department of Nursing (sitting within the new Oxford School of Nursing and Midwifery officially launched in June 2017)
- Department of Psychology, Health and Professional Development
- Department of Sport, Health Sciences and Social Work (including the Functional Food Centre)
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Education
- Department of English and Modern Languages
- School of History, Philosophy and Culture
- School of Law
- Institute of Public Care
- Department of Social Sciences
Faculty of Technology, Design and Environment
- School of Architecture
- School of Arts
- School of the Built Environment
- Department of Computing and Communication Technologies
- Department of Mechanical Engineering and Mathematical Sciences