Oxford Brookes University Nearest Train Station
You can buy tickets or check the timetable at the station, by calling 08457 484950 or online. The fares are cheaper if you book in advance.
You can buy a young person’s railcard (also valid for mature students in full time education) to save 1/3 off fares.
From the train station you can either get a taxi from in front of the main entrance of the station or take a bus. Our bus map give details of the bus routes into and around Oxford. For the Headington campus, please get off at Brookes University stop B5.
National enquiries / bookings
- TrainLine ( www.thetrainline.com) – railway timetables, ticket booking and accommodation
- National Rail Enquiries ( www.nationalrail.co.uk) – phone 03457 48 49 50. (Overseas +44 20 7278 5240)
- Great Western Railway ( www.gwr.com) Operate trains from Oxford to Reading and London Paddington. Change at Didcot Parkway for South Wales and the West of Englan
- Cross Country Trains ( www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk) operate services from Scotland, North of England, Midlands and the South Coast to Oxford
- Chiltern Railways ( www.chilternrailways.co.uk) run from Oxford Parkway station to London Marylebone via Bicester Village, Thame and Haddenham Parkway, Princes Risborough and High Wycombe. The Park and Ride Bus 500 runs from Oxford Centre to Oxford Parkway.
Other useful links
- Traveline ( www.traveline.info) – public transport info for the UK, (including Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Northern Ireland), plus rail, ferry and coach travel between the UK and Ireland and mainland Europ
- Student Railcards ( www.railcard.co.uk) – Anyone between the ages of 16 and 25 (and mature students aged over 26 in full time education) can get a third off the price of most rail fares anywhere in Britain with a Young Persons’ Railcard.