Oxford Brookes University Foundation
Foundation courses are one or two year preparatory courses that enable school-leavers to reach the entry requirements needed for degree level study in a particular subject area.
They are designed to give you specific subject knowledge and provide you with skills you will need for your chosen course.
International foundation courses
Our international foundation courses prepare you for entry on to your bachelor’s degree. You will improve your study skills and language level to become a confident learner. You will develop knowledge in your chosen subject, so you feel prepared to start your degree.
7 reasons to choose an international foundation course at Oxford Brookes
- You are guaranteed to progress to the first year of a bachelor’s degree by passing your foundation year with the required grades
- You have access to the same world-class facilities and support services as our degree students
- You will have a personal academic adviser to guide you through your studies
- Your foundation lecturers are experienced and passionate about getting you on your degree
- Your core class sizes are limited to 18 students so you get the attention you need
- You will live and study in one of the world’s greatest cities of education
- You will make friendships with students from around the world that will last throughout your time at Oxford Brookes and beyond…
What can I study after my foundation year?
An international foundation course prepares you for a wide range of excellent bachelor’s degrees in these areas:
- Accounting and finance
- Biological and biomedical sciences
- Business and marketing
- Computing and digital media
- Construction management
- Education and childhood studies
- Health and social care
- Hospitality management
- International relations
- Media and communication
- Music, film and theatre studies
- Real estate management
- Sports and exercise science
Integrated foundation courses
These foundation courses are an integral part of your chosen bachelor’s degree. You will progress automatically to your degree once you pass the foundation year. You will need a language score of at least IELTS 5.5, or be a native speaker of English. You will also need a high school leaving certificate.
International Foundation Diplomas
These qualifications meet the entry requirements for a wide range of degrees. You are guaranteed entry to your degree once you pass with required grades. There are separate courses for students with either IELTS 4.5, 5.0 or up to native speaker. You will also need a high school leaving certificate.