The Open University MBA
MBA (Master of Business Administration)
The Open University MBA, By studying for an MBA with The Open University, you’ll benefit from an elite education with a UK business school and gain a highly respected qualification.
To date, more than 25,000 students have successfully completed our MBA. We believe our MBA is popular because we’re the only distance-learning provider to be triple accredited while specialising in flexible learning. Our MBA is respected worldwide, by both students and employers.
As with all Open University qualifications, you can study anytime, anywhere, however suits you best.
Key features of The Open University’s MBA
- Prestige: The Open University Business School has triple accreditation (from AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB), which makes it elite, and among the top one percent of business schools in the world.
- Global reach: Since launching the MBA programme in 1989, The Open University has successfully produced 25,000 MBA graduates in 128 countries worldwide.
- Practicality: Our unique learning method of ‘practice-based action learning’ brings the MBA to life at your workplace. What you learn today, you apply tomorrow at work – giving you immediate results.
- Flexibility: Tools such as the OU Anywhere app enable you to download course materials online or offline, allowing for a truly mobile learning experience.
- New for 2016: Introducing the Open University’s fast-track MBA. Attain your MBA qualification in two years, rather than three or more.
The MBA qualification is in two stages. You must successfully complete Stage 1 before moving on to Stage 2.
To gain this qualification, you need 180 credits as follows:
Select one version of the following compulsory 60-credit module:
|Compulsory module||Credits||Next start|
|60||04 Nov 2017|
|60||07 Oct 2017|
*This version is for the accelerated study route and should only be selected if you intend to complete your MBA in two years. See How long it takes for more information.