The Open University Finance Director
The Open University Finance Director, The External Engagement Director has responsibility for all external engagement activity, overseeing the Marketing Unit, Communications Unit (including Government and External Affairs), Development Office and Business Development Unit. The Director has a key role in helping the University to respond to the opportunities in the external environment and to project the University to a global audience.
Steve began his career at National Westminster Bank, where he worked for 11 years in corporate and international banking and held various senior management positions. He joined Lipper, a Reuters company as Head of EMEA, Business Development and became their Global Commercial Director
In 2011 Steve joined The Open University as Commercial Director, responsible for driving the implementation and development of the University’s international and corporate strategies. He was appointed as External Engagement Director in December 2015.
Steve is an Open University graduate.
External Engagement Director
The Open University
The OU’s senior management team has 12 members covering the following key areas:
- Curriculum and awards
- Learning and teaching
- Research and enterprise
- Business development
- Information management
- Fundraising and international development
- Executive Deans
- Pro-Vice-Chancellor Learning and Teaching Innovation: Professor Hazel Rymer
- Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Research and Academic Strategy): Professor Kevin Hetherington
- University Secretary: Keith Zimmerman
- External Engagement Director: Steve Hill
- Group Finance Director : Mel Zuydam
- Group HR Director: Fiona Roberts
- Director of Strategy: Guy Mallison