Northumbria University Volunteering
Volunteering is not only satisfying, it makes a lot of sense. Helping others teaches you skills that many employers consider valuable.
Volunteer Northumbria is Northumbria Students’ Union’s volunteering programme that’s all about doing something for people in our community. There is a range of exciting projects working with people from local communities that you can get involved with, from reading in schools to helping a voluntary organisation with a design or IT business challenge.
Northumbria Sport also works to connect volunteers with community work, such as coaching young people or event support.
Here are some examples of the type of projects you
could get involved with:
Our IT Classes project hosts weekly classes for local older people, helping them to understand basic IT and become confident at using email, the internet, word processing and more.
The Hospital Arts Project
Our students help to run creative workshops in hospitals in order to offer patients stimulating and enjoyable activities.
Volunteering & Internships with Northumbria University Sport
If you are a driven and ambitious student, serious about developing your career while at University – this programme is the place to start.
You don’t need to be studying a sport related degree to get involved. We offer a range of volunteering and internship opportunities within our sport department, as well as media, marketing and events positions.
As a Volunteer or Intern for Northumbria University Sport, you’ll recieve:
- Real work experience in one of the UK’s Top 5 Sport Facilities*
- One to one mentoring from expert professionals
- An opportunity to take ownership of your own projects in a real work environment
- A chance to represent a UK Top 10* University for Sport
- Training and development opportunities
- Access to first aid and safeguarding courses (both essential to those wanting to work in sport)
- A chance to meet new people and make new friends