Northumbria University MBA
Master of Business Administration – MBA
Accreditations: AACSB and Northumbria is part of an elite group of less than 1% of business schools worldwide – and the first institution in Europe – to have achieved a double AACSB international accreditation in business and accounting. The University’s MBA offers the same high standards by inspiring and shaping strategic and responsible leaders in an innovative and multi-disciplinary and practice-informed learning environment.
- The university’s innovative suite of MBA programmes are designed to develop distinctive individuals into strategic thinkers and responsible global leaders, and can be studied full-time, part-time or via distance learning.
- A research and practice informed curriculum provides the skills and knowledge to lead organisations, develop strategy and build key sustainable strategic marketing, human resource, operations and financial plans. Enhancing their understanding of current organisational trends and key business issues, students apply their learning to real life situations through business clinic project, accessing mentoring and coaching along the way.
- Full-time MBA students can choose 1 of 4 MBA pathways: Design and Innovation Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Culture Strategy or Legal Management, as well as the generic MBA award.
- The programme is designed for those with 2 or more years’ work experience usually in a supervisory or management role, who wish to gain a postgraduate degree.
- 1 year by full-time study, 2 years part-time or distance learning.
Number of Places
- Full-time student fees £14,500 (2015–16).
- Part-time and distance learning student fees £3,950 per stage – a total of 3 stages over 2 years (2015–16).
Availability of scholarships and bursaries
- Northumbria’s postgraduate scholarship scheme applies to the MBA.
The following are the typical annual course fees for MBA students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
Newcastle Business School
City Campus East
Newcastle upon Tyne