Northumbria University Bursary
New and continuing full-time undergraduate students on eligible courses may receive a cash award from the Bursary and/or Scholarship scheme in place for their year of entry.
See fees and scholarships and select the link for your year of entry.*
You are not required to apply for these. They will be determined automatically by Northumbria University staff.
What should you do if you think you are eligible?
- Read the eligibility criteria* for the relevant year of entry
- Wait for your formal award entitlement letter. We cannot inform you that you will be made an award or when or for how much until an award has been approved
- Students from Channel Islands/Isle of Man read the eligibility criteria re: scholarship payment method
- If you are eligible, and have not received the entitlement letter sent to your home address but also available online at your Student Finance accounts by the end of November, only then contact Student Support and Wellbeing and we can check if you are eligible and why an award has not yet been approved. (Please note that students funded by Students Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS) will have their entitlement letter sent to their home address only.)
Why might I be ineligible?
- You do not meet the eligibility criteria*
- You did not apply for income-assessed funding from your student funding provider or the household income is too high; a Bursary requirement
- You or your sponsor(s) did not give “Bursary Consent” at your application for student funding
- Students funded by SAAS are required to have taken out some maintenance loan in order for the Student Loans Company to pay you on our behalf
- Placement year and reduced tuition fee students are not eligible that year (four-year Fashion Sandwich students are eligible).
* Eligibility criteria will change depending on the year you started your course.
Tel: +44 (0) 191 227 4127