M Hadis University of Birmingham
Dr Mohammed Hadis BSc (Hons), PhD
School of Dentistry
- PhD Biomaterials 2011: “Polymerisation kinetics and optical phenomena of photoactive dental resins”.
- BSc (Hons) (Chemistry and Pharmacology) 2007.
Mohammed Hadis graduated with a BSc (hons) in Chemistry and Pharmacology from the University of Birmingham in 2004 and went onto study a PhD in Biomaterials at the School of Dentistry. Following his graduation in 2011, he was appointed as a Research Fellow to continue his research in the development of novel biomaterials and technologies for biomedical applications. His research interests and expertise relates to biomedical applications of lights from photo-curing of composite materials to interaction of light with cells, tissue, molecules and micro-organisms. He provides key skills in the field of photonics for the development of novel technologies and currently working on projects funded by the National Institute of Health Research and The Ministry of Defence as well as other private investors. His research has been awarded several prestigious awards including the Paffenbarger Award for outstanding research and the Heraeus Kulzer Award for innovative testing design.
Teaching, assessment, supervision and lab training:
- MSc (GDP)
- Member of the International Association of Dental Research (IADR)
- Member of the Academy of Dental Materials (ADM)
- Postdoctoral/ Early Researcher Career Development and Training (PERCAT) representative:
- Editorial Board Member for European Journal of Prosthodontics and Restorative Dentistry
- Paffenbarger Award, Academy of Dental Materials, 2009. “Photoinitiator type and applicability of exposure reciprocity law in filled and unfilled photoactive resins”. J Leprince, M Hadis, AC Shortall, JL Ferracane, J Devaux, G Leloup, WM Palin
- Heraeus Kulzer Award for innovation in materials testing, International Association for Dental Research, Barcelona, 2010. “Competitive light absorbers in curing photoactive resins”. M Hadis, AC Shortall, WM Palin