King’s College London Questions

King’s College London logo

King’s College London Questions

King’s College London Questions

Questions about applying to King’s?

Before you complete the form below, remember that answers to most questions can be found on our website:

How to apply: FAQs:
Undergraduate courses
Postgraduate taught courses
Postgraduate research courses
Undergraduate FAQs
Postgraduate FAQs
Course information, entry requirements, deadlines, application guidance and fees: International students:
Undergraduate courses A-Z
Postgraduate taught courses A-Z
Postgraduate research courses A-Z
Visit our international webpages for information
about regional visits, student profiles, immigration guidance and English language guidance.

Have you already applied?

If you have already applied to study at King’s College London, please use your King’s Apply account to send us a message rather than this form. This is the best way to contact the specific admissions team handling your application and will avoid unnecessary delays.



Frequently asked questions

CASA has now joined the KIng’s Admissions Office.

Please refer to the FAQs on our new Admissions pages:

Frequently Asked Questions

I am a new student, how do I enrol / register?

Please visit the Welcome to King’s website.

I am a returning student, do I need to register?

During August/September you will be invited to re-enrol online. You will be emailed by the Assessments & Records Centre giving instructions on how to complete this process.

If you have not received an email regarding re-enrolment please log in to Student Records and see if the re-enrolment task is visible and available for you to complete.

If not, please contact the Assessment and Records Centre (internal content only).

NB If you are a returning student, you do not need to attend campus registration.

Don’t forget that the Department has induction events for undergraduate students returning to the Department – for more details please see the events for returning students page of the Handbook.

How do I choose my modules or make changes to my modules?

  • Information for undergraduate students starting their first year in the Department can be found on the First year module registration page in the Programmes section of the Handbook.
  • Information for undergraduate students entering their second and third years can be found on the Second and third year module registration page in the Programmes section of the Handbook.
  • Information for new and returning postgraduate students can be found on the Choosing your modules (MA students) section of the Handbook.
  • Information for Graduate Diploma students can be found on the Choosing your modules (Grad Dip students) section of the Handbook.

If you change your mind about which modules you want to take, students can complete an online module change request form.  Please note that changes are only allowed during specific periods of the year.  Details of when changes are allowed can be found on the how can I change my modules page in the Programmes section of the Handbook.  Do not assume that your application will automatically be approved. You will be notified of the outcome of your application via email, which will be sent to your email address.

What systems do I need to have access to?

Register IT account

You will need to register your IT account to get access to student computing PCs, King’s email service, KEATS and access the intranet. You can find out more about this on the New to King’s website.

Once you have registered your IT account you will be able to access your email from the intranet here (internal content only).

If your IT account username and password doesn’t work you should contact the IT Service desk (internal content only).


The College E-Learning Service (KEATS) is the virtual learning environment for the delivery of teaching material throughout King’s College London. You can find out how to access and use the system on the College E-learning Service webpages.

Log in to KEATS

Student Records

Student Records is an online system that allows students to manage their personal information at King’s. You can also view your module registrations, module results and find out who your personal tutor is. You will also find your personalised exam timetable on Student Records.

Log in to Student Records

Research profiles for PGR students

Postgraduate Research students are encouraged to update their profile pages on the College’s research website, the Research Portal. Information on how to access the system is available on this page in the Faculty Handbook.

Where is my timetable?

Returning students can access their timetable by logging in to their Student Records account.

New students: your personal timetable will be available from the Monday of the first week of teaching.

General programme timetables are available on the timetables page in your Department Handbook.

If you have any specific enquiries then please contact your Department.

What are the key dates I should know about?

The dates of academic terms and reading weeks are available to view on the term dates page.

Exam timetable publication dates (and timetables in due course) are available on the College intranet pages here (internal content only).

A personal exam timetable showing the exams you are registered to take will also be available on your Student Record. There is further information on the Examination Periods and Examination Publications pages.

There is more information on important dates including graduation ceremonies on the College’s intranet pages here (internal content only).

Where are you and how do I contact you?

Your Departmental Office will be your first point of call for queries. Location and contact details can be found on our website.

Who is my personal tutor?

You can find the contact details for your personal tutor on your Student Record. Please see the page on personal tutors in your Department Handbook (in the Starting the academic year section) for more information as well as the Faculty Guidelines on you & your personal tutor.

How do I become a student representative?

The primary role of student representatives is to proactively gather feedback and raise concerns from the student body, either at programme, Departmental or Faculty level and to attend Staff/Student Liaison Committees (SSLCs) and other Faculty and Departmental meetings to provide feedback to staff on the student experience and views. You can find out more about becoming a rep on our student representatives page.

How do I find my way around?

Maps, travel directions and addresses for buildings are available on the King’s website.

How can I change my seminar group due to recurring commitments?

Please see the Faculty policy on requesting a seminar group change.

How do I change my registration status? (Interrupt / withdraw / transfer information)

Occasionally situations arise that are outside your control and may adversely impact your ability to engage with your studies, i.e. ill health, financial difficulties and other personal reasons.
On these occasions it is often necessary for you to make a change to your registration status.

There are various changes that you can make including: Interruption of study, Permanent withdrawal from College, Transfer of mode of attendance or Transfer of programme of study.

For further information please see the relevant internal pages:

How do I get my results?

Exam results are available after they have been ratified by the Faculty Exam Board. After this meeting your award and your module marks will be published on Student Records. All marks given to you before the Board meeting are not confirmed and may be subject to change. For more information on getting your results see the Assessment & Records Centre intranet pages which also has information on Exams, Progression and Reassessments.

How do I find out my final degree classification and how is this

You will receive your agreed final degree classification via your Student Record.

The classification of your degree result is determined by the marks you obtain in the examinations you sit and the assessed coursework and oral presentations you complete, as well as any long essays and/or dissertations submitted.  Details on the calculations performed to arrive at your overall classification can be found on the degree classification page of the Faculty Handbook.

What is a resit or a replacement and how do they work?

If you have failed a module due to not meeting the academic requirements, submitting late or not submitting/not attending an exam you can get a resit. A replacement is when your assessment has been deferred due to mitigating circumstances. More information on reassessments and how resits and replacements work is available on this page in the Faculty Handbook.


Still got a question?

Try the Faculty of Arts & Humanities FAQs.

We want to improve your Student Handbook and we want to help you find the answers you need. If you can’t find the answer to your question or have an idea for improving your Handbook, please email