King’s College London Office 365
King’s College London Office 365
Under the leadership of Chief Information Officer Nick Leake, the IT Directorate provides core IT infrastructure and application services in support of education, research and administration at King’s.
Everything IT does is designed to enable the university to achieve its objectives and realise King’s Strategic Vision 2029. We support the delivery of:
- Excellent student experience
- Excellence in research
- Efficient administration
Specialist and collaborative
Our IT specialists work collaboratively with colleagues across King’s to deliver and support a range of applications and services. This portfolio covers:
- Education services – supporting the education experience, for both the student and those who teach)
- Research services – conducting and supporting research
- Collaboration and Infrastructure services – enabling and supporting the ability to work efficiently anywhere, any time and with anyone
- Professional Services – helping ensure those who teach, learn and conduct research at King’s recieve the professional support they require
- Partnership services – enabling the university to collaborate with a range of third parties, including King’s Health Partners
- Computing, data storage, network and wireless infrastructure
- Enterprise applications and business systems
- King’s website and portal services
- Research and learning systems
- Audio visual and video-conferencing services
- Campus-based desktop support services
- Telephone services
- Student computing facilities and services
For a summary of IT’s role and strategy, the purpose of each Directorate and our team structures, please see our IT overview.
IT Management Team
- Chief Information Officer: Nick Leake
- Director of IT Governance: John Butterworth
- Director of IT Solutions: Trevor Baxter
- Director of IT Services and Managing Director of King’s Business Limited: Gareth Wright
- Chief Digital Officer: Ben HIne
Help and Support
King’s IT support the IT needs of King’s students and staff and ensures that student computing resources on university premises are fit for purpose. This encompasses support for all administrative desktops and associated hardware including monitors, printers, scanners and corporate mobile devices.
All support requests and enquires should be directed to the IT Service Desk, IT TechBar or Desk, contact information is below. For the main staff and student support information please access the intranet.
IT Service Desk
The IT Service Desk is the primary point of contact for help with using the IT services at King’s.
You can phone the IT Service Desk on 020 7848 8888.
The IT Service Desk and King’s Switchboard are now open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year! We are here for you no matter when you need us.
King’s IT TechBar
The King’s IT TechBar can deal with any general query that you have with IT including printing, account support and accessing services such as wireless and free access to Microsoft Office software available to everyone at King’s.
They are also on hand should the Library Enquiries teams not be able to help with any other IT-related queries. Depending on the nature of your problem you may have a ticket raised on your behalf with another team within IT. The TechBar is open to all staff and students:
For more information on locations, please click here (internal page – login required).