King’s College London Libraries
King’s College London Libraries
What is Library Search?
Library Search is a single search interface enabling you to simultaneously search the library catalogue, the King’s research portal and archives and millions of journal and newspaper articles.
Click here to start your search: Library Search
Log in before commencing your search to access the complete range of databases and journals
Library Search was introduced in May 2013 at King’s. New features and functionality will be added over the coming months.
We invite your feedback and comments to help us improve Library Search.
Email us at: email@example.com
Search tips for users:
- To see the full range of resources you are advised to sign in to Library Search first.
- Sign in to Library Search with your King’s username and password.
- Type your topic into the search box.
- Use ‘Everything’ in the drop-down menu to search across all resources.
- Limit your results to specific resources, eg. the Library Catalogue, by selecting the relevant option from the search box drop-down menu.
- If you have too many results, you can refine your search using the links on the left hand side or use Advanced Search.
Borrowing, Renewing & Returning
To borrow you will always need your Library or King’s ID card and Library PIN
- You will need your Library PIN to use the self-service kiosks
- If you do not already know your Library PIN, please click here. Alternatively you may retrieve and/or change it at any Library Enquiry Desk or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your King’s email account
- See Loans and limits for borrowing rights and loan periods.
Four and one week loan items can be renewed remotely using the number on your King’s ID card and Library PIN
If there are outstanding charges of £20 or more on your library record and you are having problems renewing, please contact any library to renew your items and for further assistance
How to renew:
- Log in to your Library account – click on currently borrowed – renew all or selected loans
- You can also renew via the Library catalogue or Library Search (log in using the number on your King’s ID card and PIN or username and password)
- By phone: contact any King’s library
- On the self-service machines, via the ‘Account’ function.
You will not be able to renew:
- Items which have been requested by another user
- Short loan items: these must be returned at the library from which they were borrowed and can be reissued if they have not already been requested by another user
- 24hr Rolling loan items: these must be returned at the library from which they were borrowed.
Loans should be returned using the self-service kiosks, or the self-returns machine at the Maughan Library.
- One and four week loans can be returned at any library
- Short or 24hr Rolling loans must be returned to the library from where they were borrowed
- Inter-library loans must be returned to the library from where they were borrowed
When the libraries are closed books can still be returned via drop boxes while the respective buildings are open.
|Campus||Library||Drop box location|
|Denmark Hill||Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience (IoPPN)||on the ground floor in the lift lobby|
|Weston Education Centre||outside of the library entrance|
|Guy’s||New Hunt’s House||outside of the library entrance|
|Strand||Maughan||no returns possible out of hours, please use an alternative|
|St Thomas||St Thomas’ House||main entrance of the building|
|Waterloo||Franklin-Wilkins||to the left of the library entrance|
Vacations, electives and placements
When you are away from university please remember that:
- Items must be renewed or returned on or before the due date otherwise fines are charged
- You must be able to return items that are reserved by other users
- You are responsible for items on loan to you at all times
Please see our Library Alerts page for any changes to the advertised opening hours.
Franklin-Wilkins will be closed during the day on Sunday 25 June for essential maintenance. You will be able to access the library from 18.00 until 01.00 on this day..
August Bank Holiday
Access on bank holidays is restricted to holders of King’s ID cards.
The Maughan Library, New Hunt’s House Library and the Franklin-Wilkins library will be open for self-service and reference use only between 10.00-18.00 on this day:
- Bank Holiday: Monday 28 August 2017
All other libraries will be closed.