International Foundation in Engineering and Science
International Foundation in Engineering and Science, The Foundation combines academic study, intensive English language teaching and study skills to prepare you for entry into the first year of a university degree in areas such as Biomedical Sciences, Computing, Engineering, Mathematics, Nursing and Midwifery, and Science.
Why apply for the International Foundation programme?
- guaranteed conditional university placement for all successful students
- full university status
- a quality assured university programme
- a campus based programme with access to university facilities
There are three course options:
- International Foundation (3 terms) – this is the standard option
- Extended International Foundation (4 terms) – this option features an additional term of English at the beginning for extra language support
- Extended International Foundation (5 terms) – this option features two additional terms of English at the beginning for extra language support, with lower English language entry requirements
What is special about the programme?
The International Foundation combines academic study, intensive English language preparation, study skills and cultural orientation – all that is necessary for successful university study.
You also benefit from:
- a conditional offer of a place on the first year of a relevant undergraduate degree at Queen’s University Belfast
- professional support and guidance with university applications
- multiple start dates
- the highest levels of personal care and support
Who should apply for the International Foundation programme?
You should apply for this course if you have completed secondary school education in your home country. The International Foundation programme provides academic preparation for first year entry and ensures that you meet the minimum English language requirement for entry to your chosen undergraduate degree programme at Queen’s. Successful completion of this programme will also allow you to apply for entry to other universities in the UK.